Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Here we go...

Well, I've finally done it. After thinking about creating a Recruiting blog for over a year now, I've just decided to finally go ahead and do it. Why? For one, I love collaborating. I feel compelled to contribute in any way that I can to the advancement of our profession. I certainly don't claim to be an expert, but I hope that this blog will fit in with the exciting, on-going conversation in the Recruiting blogosphere.

After the 2005 Spring ERExpo, I was convinced that I was going to start a Corporate Recruiting Blog. After speaking with thought (and blogging) leaders like Kevin Wheeler and Gretchen Ledgard, I felt that it was the right thing to do at my employer. My employer (who will not be referred to directly in this blog, disclaimer is listed at the end of this post) is a bit conservative however, and the blog never got going. I've been an avid recruiting blog reader since then, checking up on a number of my favorites (see Recruiting Blog list) daily via the RSS feed on MyYahoo. I've had the opportunity to speak with most of those Bloggers, in person or over the phone, and continue to find the collaborative opportunities fascinating and endless.

So this blog will not be a Corporate Recruiting Blog. This is not necessarily for job seekers (although I invite your comments and feedback), this really more to join in the conversation, to offer my insight "from the trenches" as to the challenges and issues we face daily, especially those involved with recruiting in the DC area. I hope also to make this as interactive as possible, so don't be shy, please reply!

The War For Talent is red hot here in DC, so join me "from the trenches", if you dare ;-)

(Disclaimer: The views and opinions on this blog are my own and don't necessarily represent the positions, strategies or opinions of my employer)

1 Comments:

At 12:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to the blogosphere! Looking forward to reading your insights and hearing about life in the trenches.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home