Thursday, May 03, 2007

Name Our Employee Referral Blog

My current employer, much like my prior employer, is embracing internal blogging more and more as a channel to improve collaboration and knowledge sharing. Currently, I am working on building out an Intranet site for the launch of our new Employee Referral Program (ERP). So, when our Intranet Project Manager (TC) suggested that I include a blog on the site as an easy way to share information and gain feedback, I fully embraced the idea.

I plan on using the blog to share success stories, highlight critical positions that we need help filling, and providing tips to our employees on how important they are in our talent acquisition efforts and what they can do to help. This will be in addition to links to our current job openings, our locations (for those who don't know where all of our office are), links to related articles, and more.

I've been wanting to do a corporate recruiting blog since the beginning, so this is a good next step. Problem is though, what to name it. TC initially coined it "Referral Madness". Not bad, I've been toying with similar names like "Referral Mania!" and "Referralpalooza". I need something catchy and attention grabbing, yet something that will fit into a somewhat conservative professional services culture.

I put it to you then, the readers of this blog to offer some suggestions. I don't have any prizes to give away, but you will be contributing to a noble internal blogging effort, and hey, this should be fun if nothing else!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 9:12 PM, Blogger Ezzie said...

What if we simply pick up employees through our own blogs? What do we get then? :)

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger Ben said...

ezzie - I like the way you think! If you found someone via your own blog that you thought would be a valuable referral to the firm, you should be eligible for your EUs referral bonus. Check with your EU HR Dept for the bonus details and keep your eye out for our big Employee Referral Launch in a couple weeks.

 
At 9:57 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Ben, I heard about your creative idea tying ERP to blogging on Dave Lefkow's blog. Keep us apprised on how effective that is, which might help foster its dissemination (if it works, we'll be sure NOT to tell any other public accounting firms, though ;-).

So I'll throw in one more possible blog name: Refer Some More (RSM) McGladrey

-- Glenn Gutmacher

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey I have been following this blog. Ben and guys, I wanted to point you towards http://www.employeeref.com, which I started while working in Qualcomm. I am in the process of finding employees in several companies with the same motives. This is really good! :)

 
At 9:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Ben I have a blog about referral too, it good reading your article

 

Post a Comment

<< Home