Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Sorrow for Hokie Nation

I grew up in Virginia. I applied to Virginia Tech (but went to Univ. of Maryland). I spent alot of time in Blacksburg recruiting VT Engineering students from 1998-2000. I have numerous friends and colleagues who are VT Alumni. I have a connection to Virginia Tech, and today, my heart aches for Hokie Nation.

Virginia Tech is a beautiful school, nestled in a small town in the hills of Southwestern Virginia. It's the last place you would ever expect something like this to happen. But in this day and age, you just never know where something like this could happen, do you. A sad statement on our society today unfortunately.

Today, my only hope is that those connected to VT can heal from this senseless tragedy with time. A Terp's heart is heavy for the Hokie Nation today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home