Wednesday, June 14, 2006

The Gauntlet Has Been Thrown

Thanks to The Recruiting Animal for his post about my entry into the blogosphere. Hopefully he'll get my name right someday ;-) He laid down the challenge though to post on a regular basis. I'm not sure if I'll be a daily poster, but certainly plan on contributing at least a few times a week. I do need to update the picture that is out there for me too, maybe time for professional headshot? Eh, probably not, not exactly my style. I'll find something a little better though.

As I have been away on vacation though, it's made me think a little more about what exactly I want to do with this blog. I don't just want it to be a rant about the challenges of recruiting in DC. Most of you probably won't be back if that's all this is. I do hope to keep this somewhat entertaining, interactive and as creative as possible. I've been looking for something to really challenge me intellectually for a while now, and I think this could be just the medium to accomplish that.

Also, big thanks to Jason Davis at Recruiting.com for the post about this blog and his five questions. Hope I didn't turn Jason and the boys over there off for not listing Recruiting.com as one of my three current favorite blogs. I was truly trying to be honest though. The Canadian Headhunter (aka The Recruiting Animal) just had to stir things up, but picking just three blogs was way too tough! Jason's ERE/San Diego story is true and I one of the cool results of that evening was Jason telling me about Joel Cheesman, who I look forward to finally meeting in person when he comes to DC for the SHRM convention later this month. Thanks again to Jason and I look forward to collaborating more with him in the future.

2 Comments:

At 1:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unfortunately interactivity is not something bloggers control. And the biz blog reading audience tends to be comment-shy. I'd say they're not as crazy as poli-bloggers but I know that some of them, at least, are the same people

 
At 6:09 AM, Blogger Ben said...

Your "stirring things up" was all in good fun I'm sure. I appreciate all comments and feedback, and do hope this will become a highly interactive blog at some point. Thanks again for the comments and the props. Keep 'em coming!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home