Wednesday, November 01, 2006

A Final Farewell

For the past few weeks, I have been discussing my thoughts and feelings around the transition that I am making in my career. Today, I'm leave a wonderful organization, a comfortable work environment, a great boss and a great team for an exciting new leadership opportunity with another great organization. I can't say enough though about my boss and mentor, Gary Cluff. As mentioned previously, Gary is the reason why I came here, and it's been worth every moment. Gary has helped prepare me for this next step in my career, and I am forever thankful.

Prior to the last Project SAVE meeting a couple weeks back, I had a flash of inspiration and penned an 'Ode to Gary':

After three great years with Gary, it's time to take my leave;
When I told Gary about this, he could hardly breathe!

But seriously, he has been gracious and he wished me well;
Which was great because he could of just told me to go to h___!

So, I've left him in a pickle, what is Gary to do?
At first he had one
Recruiter job to fill, now he has two!

To work for Gary, only great Recruiters need apply;
If you are looking for a challenge, you will soon find out why.

Thank you Gary for everything as I say 'adieu';
And I promise not to be a stranger here, and to all of you.
That's it for now. My blogging may be a bit sporadic over the next few weeks as I get my bearings in my new job. I am working on at least one more post which I hope to have up in the next day or two. Exciting new challenges are ahead, can't wait to begin!

2 Comments:

At 10:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck Ben!!!!

 
At 2:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ben - best of luck in your new adventures. You will be missed. Don't be a stranger!

Michelle

 

Post a Comment

<< Home