Friday, November 10, 2006

The New Gig

I just flew in from Minnesota and boy are my arms tired! Haha. But seriously folks, I just got back from a visit to my new employer's headquarters, based in Bloomington, MN. I don't think that four days have ever gone by faster. It was an absolute blur. It was all good though. Good people, an exciting company and lots of opportunities to do some great things. I was told several times that I joined the firm at the right time and that there was plenty of need for my services. There won't be many boring moments, that's for sure.

I got alot of questions about the blog. My new boss is a big supporter of it and said that he wants me to keep it going. He sent out a link to it with my 'new employee announcement.' The most common question was "How do you find time to do it?" Well, just like I'm doing it right now, at night for about 20-30 minutes. I'll write it then and post it in the morning. You of course have to have the interest and desire to keep this up though. I'm really thrilled about the potential here though. We'll see just where I can take this in the coming weeks and months.

Last night, I had the great opportunity to have a couple drinks with the MN Headhunter. We met at the hotel bar and shot the breeze about recruiting and college sports for a couple hours. We had a great time, and I'm glad that we were able to connect while I was in the Twin Cities. I really lucked out with the weather too. Sixties in November in Minnesota? It's like that all the time, right ;-)

I'm traveling again next week, but then that will cool off a bit until December. So far, this opportunity appears to be everything I expected it would be. The blogging will continue, I am still thinking about changing the name of the blog, and an exciting future with my new employer is just getting started.

2 Comments:

At 8:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a great time chatting with you the other night. Your timing with the weather was very good as it was 30 on Friday and southern Minnesota received 3-14 inches of snow.

It will melt off this coming week but back to reality we go.

We are dry here but it did cool down.

Go Terps. Go Gophers.

 
At 7:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey...next time you are in MN, give me a call at jobdig and I'll treat for coffee...
good luck to you in your new job.

gl hoffman
http://blogs.jobdig.com/wwds

 

Post a Comment

<< Home