Monday, September 24, 2007

I Made a Top-100 List

Ran across this on MC Stroud's blog this weekend. According to Bootstrapper, this blog is among the Top-100 HR blogs, specifically among the top-15 in the 'Corporate' category. I'm assuming that this isn't rank-ordered, as there is no way that this blog would ever be ranked higher than the Mr. Stroud.

Not to sound ungrateful, but:
A) This is not a HR Blog
B) I've also always considered this to be a personal blog rather than a corporate one (so shouldn't I be in the 'Recruitment' category instead?), and
C) I've never been a fan of 'Top' lists like this.

When you see lists like this, they are often based upon numbers (therefore highly objective), or based upon opinion (therefore highly subjective). It's the latter that bother me. These lists are often entertainment-based (Top-100 Movies, Top-100 Swimsuit Models, Top-100 Hair Bands), and I am often left shaking my head, wondering, how did they come up with THAT!

The responsible party for this list must of read something on my blog at one time that they thought was interesting or useful, then formed an opinion somehow that this was a good Corporate HR Blog. But the author clearly states that the blogs that made the list "will provide you with the information and expertise you need to take on the legal, interpersonal, management and other challenges associated with human resources." This blog ain't that...

Nonetheless, this is a first for me, so for whatever reason this blog was included on the list, I do indeed thank you kindly for the recognition.

1 Comments:

At 10:19 AM, Blogger Mission IT Services said...

Ben, I recently started with a company called itzbig.com which is an online sourcing network for recruiters.

We are focused in Texas and No. California, but I've read through your past blogs about your views regarding the online job boards and I was wondering if I could get your opinion on our service?

My job is to make sure that the candidates and recruiters experience is as good as possible so hearing how our service could help or not would be appreciated.

Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home